For Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Chicken Drumsticks – 4 skin on
- ½ cup of Coconut milk
- 1 pack of Aai’s Malvani Gravy
For Panch Phoran Broccolini
- 1 bunch of Broccolini
- 2 tsp of Bengali 5 spice ( Panch Phoran )
For Chicken in Aai’s Malvani Gravy
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Fry the chicken drumsticks for about 2-3 minutes, browning the skin. Remove and set aside.
- Pour Aai’s Malvani Gravy into the pan and bring to an energetic simmer. Add ½ cup water and the chicken legs. Simmer the chicken legs for 15 minutes or till cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk to the gravy and stir to incorporate.
For Sauteed Broccolini in Bengali 5 spice
- Blanch or steam broccolini till bright green – 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add in the spice blend and roast for 30 seconds to a minute. When the spices become fragrant, add the broccolini to the pan, toss well with the “tadka” (spices roasted in oil) and season with salt and pepper.
Serve the Malvani chicken gravy over hot rice eat with Chapati (whole wheat bread) alongside the broccolini.
Founder & CEO, Shorba Bone Broth Inc