- 1 cup Red Lentils
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp The Indian pantry’s Bengali 5 spice
- 1 chopped Green chilli
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- Add lentil, water and turmeric in a pot and cook until it is completely cooked.
- In a pan heat oil and temper spices on low flame, add chopped garlic and chilli when whole spices are slightly brown.
- Add the tempered spices into the pot of cooked lentils.
- Add some water if needed.
- Add salt check the seasoning and let it simmer for 2-3 minute
- Garnish with cilantro and serve it hot with rice.