- 2tbsp of Oil
- 300 gms of Chicken thighs bone inn
- 1tbsp of The Indian pantry’s Bengali 5 spice
- 1 medium chopped Onion
- 1 medium chopped Tomato
- 1tsp of Turmeric
- 1tsp of Red chili powder
- 1tsp of The Indian Pantry’s Garam masala
- 1 inch chopped Ginger
- 4 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 3 tbsp of Cilantro to garnish
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oil in a medium pot on a low flame, temper the bengali 5 spice for 15-20 seconds or until it is golden brown. (don’t over temper it otherwise it will be burned & bitter)
- Add onions and cook until it is translucent.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes for 5 minute then add remaining spices.
- Saute and cook the mixture for 2 minutes then add chicken and ¼ cup of water mix well, cover the pot with lid cook it at low medium flame for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely
- Keep stirring the stew every 3-4 minutes, season with salt as per the taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and enjoy with steam rice.