3 – 4
- Jackfruit – 450 grams
- Goan Vindaloo Sauce- 450 grams
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Water- as required or 1 cup
- If you are using canned jackfruit, drain the brine, rinse the jackfruit well in fresh waterand chop it into small chunks, if the pieces are large.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the oil. Add the Goan Vindaloo Sauce andsaute it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit pieces along with the salt and turmeric powder and cook anotherminute, stirring.
- Add1 cup of water and stir until the mixture thins out and becomes a sauce/ gravy. Youcan add more water if needed. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes,until the jackfruit is cooked through.
Serve with chapati, rice, naan or bread and Bhakari. Goan Poee is a great accompaniment too.